Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just thinking....

As I was standing by the ocean today, I contemplated how little I know, how much I need to learn, and how much I will not know in this life time. The universe is too vast for me to even conceive of knowing all…

I am reminded how important it is to be content in the moment that I am in. Not dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. Right now, this moment, is what matters the most. The past is a memory, the future is unknown, right now living to the full, is where I need to be. Wherever I am presently is where my mind ought to to be present…

Living life to the full requires keeping a grateful heart. Though I fall immeasurably short, I strive for gratefulness to be a continuous state of mind regardless of circumstance.

As is stated in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, “Be grateful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will…” and John 10:10 Jesus says, “I came that you may have life to the full.” Phillipians 4:12 says, “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty, or living in want.”

As I look around myself I observe many different lifestyles. While some are living in plenty and some living with next to nothing. Regardless of material possessions or lack thereof, each man has their own struggles and their own joys. What is on the inside is unseen, but is the most important. Reaching a state of contentment in all circumstances requires Gods grace and is found in noticing his goodness and living for life to come.

1 comment:

  1. Very profound, my friend, very profound! The ocean does that to people...brings them into deep meditation. You are right, of course. Each person's path is different, whether one is rich or poor or somewhere in between. That path is only as valuable as the Light that the person allows onto that path. Excellent thoughts!

    ReplyDelete