Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 59



For me to imagine living in the slums is a different perspective than the how the people that have always lived in the slums perceive it. On the other hand, no matter how much a person is used to living in the slums, it cannot possibly be okay in my mind. Though they may not know the difference, I do know the difference. I know that there is a way to live without starvation. I know there is a way to avoid sleeping under the heat of a metal roof in 100 degree weather. I know of places to live that are not filled with garbage, dirt and mud. I have nieces and nephews that I love with all my heart and I can’t possibly imagine them having to live that way. As my sister said, “It brings me to tears just imagining what these little people go through; because I cannot even begin to imagine to have my precious babies live this way”
Needless to say, just the thought of a life with such struggles is hard to think of… I will be processing this for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment