Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 62

Today was a national holiday for the Muslims. All the children were off of school. The Tumaini children had free time to play on the beach. I met them at Joan’s house. Joan is the lady who started the Tumaini Orphanage. She lives on the beach. She loves having all the children over for fun in the sun!

While on the beach, we started a float train. The kids were on their float toys and I took Antony’s hand. He had someone grab on to him. More and more children joined the train. They floated along as I pulled them through the water. We did that almost the entire time in the water. It was a nice workout! As they were floating through the water, they saw a man surf sailing and admired him. They called him the ‘cool guy.’ It was so cute; they kept giving him thumbs up.

This afternoon I skipped jogging because of a blister on my foot. Later on in the evening I took a close look at the blister. The blister is about an inch long. I realized it needed to be cleaned out because there was a lot of dirt underneath the dead skin. However, the skin was closed up. I used a needle to cut open the skin, then a scissors to assist cutting the skin. Then I took the dirt out. Yuck!

You know... this foot thing is a lesson in and of itself. If a person has sin inside them... they can either keep it there or clean it up. If they keep the dirt (sin) there, they risk the chance of getting an infection and their problems worsening. A person can save themselves a lot of pain by removing the sin. Though it takes time, effort and perhaps a little pain to remove sin, it is worth it in the long run. If they take the time to clean out the sin... they are free from the pain getting worse and infected in the future.

2 comments: