Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 26

Jim and Susie are about to leave tomorrow morning... Next week I'm already booked up. Paul and I are going to Bomani for a youth camp. I will pick him up in Mtwapa (sp?) and we'll go there together. Hmm... I still don't know my way around here. Still have to learn to drive on the other side of the street. Well, this will be interesting being here 'alone' so to speak. It will be good for me. I am usually most effective and learn the most when I'm pushed into a situation and under pressure. Really... it sounds weird, but true. I will miss Jim and Susie dearly. I sure hope they make it back into the states safely and Jim makes it to his surgery on time.

Today I am going to church with Lisa. She is going to pick me up at 10:15. This is Jim's last Sunday to preach and will be the first sermon I have watched since I came here. Each Sunday I greet people and help with the kids. This Sunday I decided to enjoy the service. However, I will have to leave for a little bit because the kids need to learn their hand motions to the songs. The children’s music teacher and I teach them each Saturday and on Sundays. Next Sunday the kids will perform in front of the church. Yay! That will be fun.

I love you all and miss you!!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of prayers needed for Jim.... Know that many prayers are storming the gates of heaven for him.

    ReplyDelete