Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 11


It’s Saturday! I woke up with the refreshing sight of the breathtaking ocean. My bedroom window has a wonderful ocean view. The sunrise was gorgeous. After eating breakfast, I went to Cross Roads church to help out with Vacation Bible Study School. The kids had a good time and learned valuable lessons.

When VBS was over, I took some refreshing and needed down time. I went for a swim in the pool, played with the dog (Victor), memorized some verses and went out for pizza with Bobby and Lisa. Bobby and Lisa are missionaries here in Kenya that run the New Life Center in Bomani. They have two adopted boys, Ethan and Conner. I adore those boys! It was great hanging out with the family.

As I was sitting in Bobby and Lisa’s living room, I thought to myself how neat it was to be sitting there with them. If I were back in the US that is a moment I would have never experienced. At times I get home sick; however, moments like those and just the thought of time spent with the precious children at the centers make this a continually joyful and worthwhile experience even when I miss my family and friends.

Jim and Susie have been wonderful to me. Susie is one of a kind, she is sooo genuinely sweet and kind. Jim puts his heart into everything he does 110% all the time! I wonder how he does it so well. They are amazing missionaries. I am so grateful to spend time with them and learn from them.

2 comments:

  1. God has amazing things in store for you and those children! You are so special and I am so thankful God introduced us :) I have been following your posts. I saw a baby the other day that looked just like baby Eve. Do you have recent photos of Ethan and Connor? I have your blog posted on my Facebook for others to follow.
    Love you girl,

    Angie (Gladys)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie! Great to hear from you! I don't have pictures of them of Conner and Ethan; however, Bobby and Lisa are on Facebook. They have lots of pictures you can see :)

    LOVE YOU!

    While we were at Fort Jesus, Rosie found a pair of earrings that match our necklace. I picked up a pair for you and was going to have Rosie give them to you... but forgot to give it to her when she left.

    Everyone loves that necklace and many of the group members bought one or more. Don't be surprised if you see the cross necklaces around church!!

    ReplyDelete