Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 68 Change of plans...


Recently I have been having some back issues. It’s been maybe a week or longer. I think it’s a muscle. This morning when I woke up it was hard to move. I think I over did it by picking up those sweet girls a couple times and walking with my backpack. My back issue got worse and I realize that is self inflicted.


Chris and Lesley offered to carry my backpack on our walk, but of course… I did not take the offer because I don’t want to make them do extra work and because ‘I can handle it.’ Hmm… sounds like a pride problem. Ha ha… and I could not help but pick up those sweet little girls when one of them was getting tired trying to make it up so many stairs, I told her to hop on my back for a piggy back ride. Then as they left, I picked one of them up off the ground as I was hugging her… I mean really… I couldn’t help it… she was just so sweet and cute!


Well, today I am paying for all that. It is hard to walk or make any movements without feeling the pain. We had plans to go hiking and visit neighbors. All of that was put on halt. I decided to go home today instead of tomorrow.


The bus ride back was pretty bumpy. Ouch! When I came home I thought it would be good to get in the pool and swim a bit because last time I swam in the ocean it really helped my back. However, the swim was of little help this time. Not sure why. Time to rest and let this thing heal!

Tomorrow I will try to stay in bed most of the day. I am an ‘on the go’ type of person… staying in one spot is quite the task for me. This will be interesting! Ha ha…

1 comment:

  1. Take care of yourself, girl! I always thought of you as almost super-human because you did so much for me when I was injured...carrying 4 pieces of hand luggage and all. I will pray for healing for your back.

    ReplyDelete