Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 33

I am doing my devotional and learning a little bit about myself. The book Experiencing God says, “We are a doing people. We feel worthless or useless when we are not busy doing something. The scripture leads us to understand that God is saying, ‘I want you to love me above everything else. When you are in a love relationship with Me, you have everything there is.” To be loved by God is the highest relationship, the highest achievement, and the highest position in life.”

Well, the first part of that statement describes me to a T. When I’m not ‘doing’ something, I feel useless and without purpose. So, I always strive for something to do. However, to be loved by God and to Love God is my purpose on earth. No matter what I am ‘doing’ my purpose is to remain in his love. Without love God nothing would exist. If my highest calling and my best achievement in life is to form a relationship with God, I need to change my direction of striving to Him. Therefore, instead of striving to just 'do', strive to know Him, commit my heart to Him.

1 comment:

  1. Good one, Kristen! Our sole purpose is to be in relationship with the Creator of the Universe. That is so cool! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete