Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 1

Today the Fox River group and I went to visit the New Life Center in Bomani. We had a very warm welcome. As we loaded off the bus a large group children were in their uniforms standing with their teachers. They were all singing a song for us to welcome us. The group and I took some pictures to capture our first moments spent with them.

The children perform many songs, verses and plays for us. They prepare these songs long before we come. They are so happy to see us and show their appreciation through these amazing performances. To be welcomed in such a special way was a humbling experience. We are here to help them and here they are giving us a special performance. The sounds of their vibrant harmonious voices fill my heart with joy. The innocence of their faith increases mine.

1 comment:

  1. Kristen! You've sent me a chat on Facebook but I don't know how to work it. I love what you said about Jackson!!!

    Heard that Chris got baptized, too, but from Carmen. I haven't heard from Carrie.

    ReplyDelete