Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Saying goodbye...

I spent today saying goodbye to many of my friends. Bena and a friend of hers came with me. We started by dropping off some mosquito nets to Injili. Then we went to Bomani and said farewell to all the folks there. Ann sends her greetings to all my friends and family. She is so sweet. I let her know that she is loved by everyone at Fox River that has met her and that she is a blessing to everyone that comes to that center. She has a way of making everyone feel loved, welcome and happy to be there. I told her that she is one of the main reasons that I love going there. She got teary eyed and excused herself momentarily. She spent some time encouraging me and as always she asked how her elder sister is doing (Pat). After that visit we were off to Vipingo. I said my goodbyes there.

Once we were done visiting the centers, we stopped at home to pick up a friend named Lillian and went to Tumaini (orphanage). As always, it was a joy to spend time with the children. They are so happy, even with the rough backgrounds they come from. It amazes me every time I see them. They are a family to each other.

When my goodbyes were final at Tuamini, I dropped Lillian off and Bena’s friend. Then Bena and I went to Tuesday night Bible study. Duncan gave a wonderful message about walking with God. After the message we all went into small groups to pray. When our prayers were done, I said goodbye to my friends at Bible study. It has been such a blessing to get to know everyone there.

My final destination was right after Bible study. I met with a wonderful friend named Ninah. We sat, ordered dinner and had a great conversation together. It is a night I will not forget. I met Ninah the first year I was here in Kenya. We had limited communication; however, I feel as though I have known her for a long time and talk often. We click very well. I am grateful that I had the opportunity spend time with her before I go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment